Friday, September 7, 2012

Insurgent, by Veronica Roth

I just finished the second book in Veronica Roth's dystopian Divergent trilogy, Insurgent, about a society divided into five factions, each based on a particular value. Among the society, there exist the factionless, most of whom have minds different from the others, minds that are more flexible, that can see value in more than one faction. Those people with more flexible minds are called the divergent. In book two, a group has arisen to resist the efforts of one faction to dominate the others, but the motives on either side of the war aren't as black and white as they seem.

The compelling plot had me on edge for the entire read. Although the fast-paced plot was sometimes exhausting, I felt like Beatrice, the main character, unwilling to rest.

At times, I doubted twists in the plot and worried I was being manipulated and would come to the end, disenchanted and upset. But the ending brought all of the plot points together in a way that overcame my doubts and reinstilled my confidence in the saga, and now I'm eager for the next book. Hurry up, Veronica Roth!

No comments:

Post a Comment